The West Indies women’s cricket team has arrived in Karachi on Wednesday to lay three Twenty20 International matches against their Pakistani counterparts.
Speaking to DawnNewsTV, West Indies Women Cricket Team Captain Merriss Aguilleira said: “We are happy to be here in Pakistan, where we received a warm welcome.”
Speaking about the tournament she said,”The people of Pakistan are very passionate about cricket and we do wish to win the series in spite of the advantage that Pakistan’s team has due to playing in home conditions.”
She added: “I know this series will be tough because the Pakistani cricket team plays well and also looks strong on paper.”
Pakistan’s Captain Bisma Maroof said that her team was excited to be playing for the home team. “At least six players will be debuting in these matches.”
“West Indies is a tough team to beat,” she added.
This is the West Indies women’s first tour to Karachi in 15 years. In March/April 2004, the West Indies played a drawn Test in Pakistan and won a seven-ODI series 5-2.
Following these games the two sides will go head to head in three one day internationals (ODIs) in Dubai on Feb 7, 9 and 11. The first ODI will be played at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, while the second and third ODIs will be played at the ICC Academy.
- January 31 – 1st T20I, Southend Club, Karachi
- February 1 – 2nd T20I, Southend Club, Karachi
- February 3 – 3rd T20I, Southend Club, Karachi
- February 7 – 1st ODI, Dubai International Cricket Stadium (ICC Women’s Championship)
- February 9 – 2nd ODI, ICC Academy, Dubai (ICC Women’s Championship)
- February 11 – 3rd ODI, ICC Academy, Dubai (ICC Women’s Championship)