In the wake of Coronavirus’ second wave in Pakistan, the authorities have imposed a micro smart lockdown in a number of localities in Karachi’s District West for 14-days.
According to a notification, the deputy commissioner has put six Union Councils of the district under micro lockdown effective from 5th to 19th January 2021.
The areas that will be locked down include six UCs of Manghopir, Mominabad and Orangi Town.
- People living in these areas will have to adhere to the following SOPs:
- Anyone entering or exiting these areas will have to wear a mask
- Unnecessary movement shall be restricted
- All businesses in these areas will ensure COVID-19 SOPs are followed in letter and spirit
- No private/family get-together will be allowed
- No gathering of three or more persons will be allowed in public spaces
- All persons afflicted with the virus will quarantine themselves and would not be allowed to mingle with others until they test negative
However, the novel coronavirus claimed 12 more lives and infected as many as 855 people during the past 24 hours in Sindh.
Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah, in a statement said that 12 more people died from the coronavirus during the past 24 hours, taking the death toll from the disease to 3,623 in the province.